15292/Happy Birthday, Jubilee!
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Happy Birthday, Jubilee!|
|Date of Scene:||04 July 2023|
|Location:||Breakstone Lake - Xavier's School|
|Synopsis:||A celebration is held for Jubilee at the Lake. A little water manipulating mutant has other plans.|
|Cast of Characters:||Phoenix, Jubilee, Wolverine
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Another sunny day, and another birthday, or birthdays to celebrate. The Lake has been decked out with colorful balloons, streamers and banners exclaiming 'happy birthday!" on them. There are a few birthdays concurrent today, so the particular names have been left out but the spirit is still there.\<br\>\<br\>Oh yes and of course there is cake to be had, and other crazy festivities like pin the tail on the Beast and twister etc. In this heat, many are enjoying a cool swim in the lake or just enjoying a walk in the greenery nearby.\<br\>\<br\>Jean is mostly standing on her own, watching the festivities with a quiet thoughtfulness. She's been particularly quiet lately, ever since Scott left on some important secret mission among other things..
- Jubilee has posed:\<br\>Jubilee comes up over the hill to the lake riding on the back of a lawnmower. She has on Daisy Dukes and an American flag bikini top, sunglasses pushed up on her head. She puts some fireworks up in the air above her and has strapped to the back of the mower a very large cooler that's sloshing full of ice and booze.\<br\>\<br\>"THE PARTY HAS BEGUN! America and Jubilation Lee, born on this day, wheeeeeeeeeee!" she cries, pulling up at last and grinning as she passes out hugs, giving one to Jean first, "Thank you!
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan is a little late. His motorcycle anounces the man's arrival. The question is whether it's the stereo or the engine that does it. Because that bike engine ROARS and the stereo blares the solo from "Stairway to Heaven" toward last third of the song. Either way, it's -very- safe to presume someone is here. \<br\>\<br\> Getting off the bike, Logan's there n a pair of black jeans, the worn brown cowboy boots and a black tanktop. At the very last he could turn those jeans to cutoffs if he doesn't have a backup. \<br\>\<br\> Moving toward the festiviites, "Geez Firecracker. I can't tell whose gonna have a more explosive evenin', you or the country," and he will set a card in a red envelope upon the gathering of gifts. It simply says "Firecracker" on the front of it.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey is dressed fairly conservatively, wearing jeans and a white t-shirt presumably over her swimsuit underneath. She is busy slicing up the cake and peering over at the BBQ to see if the hot dogs are cooking well enough, although it seems there are others helping out with the BBQ as well.\<br\>\<br\>Some of the younger kids are given a disapproving frown, shaking her head. "No running by the lake! Watch out for the food, you shouldn't run with sharp utensils!" sheesh, it's like she's their mom or something. Lately, she's just been more tense, more strict even, peering at the kids more intently as if searching for..Something.\<br\>\<br\>When Jubilee and Logan arrive, she smiles faintly and nods to them. "Hey there, glad you could join us..Happy birthday, Jubilee!" it's pointless to try and surprise the party animal herself so no one jumps out of bushes, except the weird little blue haired girl who springs out of the lake, spreading her arms and shouting at the top of her lungs "HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUBILEE!!"
- Jubilee has posed:\<br\>Jubilee lets out a loud WHOOOOOOOOOOOO to the blue haired girl, giving her a high five, then grinning and giving Jean a sidehug, "Thank you for being the grown-up, Jean. Yeah, I know, technically, I am more grown-uppy than ever today, but I defy all the rules! I will never grow up! DO YOU HEAR ME?"\<br\>\<br\>She may have pre-gamed a few drinks beforehand.\<br\>\<br\>"LOGAN! GIMME A HUG, BIG DADDY!" she yells, running barefoot in the grass and flinging herself into an embrace of the older mutant.\<br\>\<br\>She takes the envelope and flops it over in her hands, starting to work at it with her black nails, "Ooooh, what's in here, what's this, you didn't have to get me anything but I'm glad you did, I love stuff!"
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan stares at the blue haired guy that lunges at Jubilee. He's a little distrusting of younger folk these days. Just remembering the last time young new faces and him crossed his path. \<br\>\<br\> "And they call me a bad drunk," Logan can tell someone pregamed. Although she's caught with ease when she flings herself at him. "Firecracker," he says in a greeting. The man will eventually lt go, a look goes toward Jean. "Hey Darlin'," and he'll give her a single yet slow nod. \<br\>\<br\> Also, this helps divert his attention from Jubilee tearing into a the card. It's a simple Hallmark card that's sweet yet simple. The card talks about happy birthday, inside there's a "Frome Logan" but it's covered by the prepaid credit card. Where it says "To" and "From" the card simply says "$150.00" and "+1 Packmule." Yes, someone will need to carry bags when she spends all the birthday momney. Someone is donating their time in leiu of a second outfit.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey smiles faintly at the little girl, "Careful you don't slip this time.." she murmurs, but watches her thoughtfully, shaking her head. To Jubilees she chuckles faintly, "Hm, well I suppose everyone has to grow up, sooner or later.."\<br\>\<br\>She steps back as Jubiless gives Logan an enthusiastic hug. "Oh that's right, there are a pile of gifts for you on the table next to the cake.." she gestures in that general direction..\<br\>\<br\>Logan is given a silent nod, an unreadable expression on her face. "Hello, Logan. Glad you could make it.."
- Jubilee has posed:\<br\>Jubilee makes a high, happy squeal and hugs Logan around the neck again, giving him a kiss on the cheek.\<br\>\<br\>"Thank you! Oh man, I'm gonna have a pile of stuff. I won't even ahve to steal anything," she teases.\<br\>\<br\>"Not that I do that anymore," she calls back to Jean. Which is mostly true. She only shoplifts for the occasional thrill nowadays, a little flush of adrenaline. Plus running from security guards is still fun.\<br\>\<br\>She runs oer to put Logan's card with the other gifts, "I'll open the rest later, I don't want to interrupt the pool stuff. Plus, my shameless and unabashed greed probably looks bad - I'm supposed to set a good example.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan will try to read that expression. Both brows will visibly furrow when he cannot. Ocean blue eyes stay on her for a moment. Then that happy squeal pulls his attetnion away. \<br\>\<br\> "No need to thank me, darlin'," he says and smile at the cheek kiss. Talk about stealing causes a brow that shoots up. "You better not. If ya do that, I got a cowboy boot that can get lost up a backside. I'll even shine it up good before I do that," Logan jokingly threatens. Oh, he probably would kick Jubilee in the butt, literally and metaphorically speaking. \<br\>\<br\> "Least ya learnin'. Means we didn't screw up teachin' ya too badly," he winks at her. \<br\>\<br\> "Happy Birthday," he says again then tries to go looking for the beer.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey moves to ruffle the blue haired girl's hair. "This is Sasha. She doesn't talk much but she's very energetic. Be gentle with her, hmm?" Sasha giggles, running up to Logan to give him a hug. Her touch is ice cold - was it because she was just swimming and still wet but oddly not shivering, or something to do with her mutant ability..?\<br\>\<br\>Glancing at Jubilee, Jean smiles, "I sure hope you're not stealing 'stuff'." she gently admonishes her with a slight smile and nod. "No worries, this party is here for you, and a couple of other people with the same birthday. Open your gifts now if you wish, the cake is going pretty quickly too, better hurry!" she winks at her.\<br\>\<br\>As for beer, well there is some alcohol on a table being supervised by an adult. Wouldn't want the punch to get spiked or anything afterall.."Would you mind grabbing me a cold can of gin and tonic while you're at it?" she calls after her.
- Jubilee has posed:\<br\>Jubilee sees Logan peering around obviously and grins, running over to her lawnmower, "Don't worry, I got you, fam," she says to Logan, getting out some Labatt's for him along with a White Claw for herself and a gin and tonic for Jean, running it over in her bare feet.\<br\>\<br\>"All well out of reach of children, no worries. YOU HEAR ME GUYS, YOU DRINK MY DRINKS, I FIREWORK YOUR LITTLE BUTT!" she says.\<br\>\<br\>She takes a long swig and literally drains her can, crushing it and smashing it on her forehead. Where it doesn't crumple.\<br\>\<br\>"OW. That sucked. Nope. I'm okay1 I'm okay! Cannonball time!" she says, taking a run for the lake at top speed.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan makes no outward reaction to that cold touch. "Ya haven't been in the water much, have ya?" Bobby's handshakes felt a little similar. So, he begins thinking the little one is some kind of cryomancer. "Run along scamp," he says showing no signs of being cold, even if the flesh needs to warm up a moment. \<br\>\<br\> Taking a Labatt, he'll give her a nod. "Thanks darlin'," and then Jubilee goes rushing to get Jean a Gin and Tonic. "I woulda offered to make ya a Highball," he offers helpfully, the man has six claws that could make one hell of a lemon twist for a drink like that. \<br\>\<br\> Then Jubilee's dominance comes followed by that attempted can crush. "She saw me do it one time," Logan mutters knowing his powers helps him in those few moments his drinks don't come out of glass bottle. \<br\>\<br\> Then she's off lke a bat out of Hell into the water. "Heh! Something's don't change," and Logan means that in all the best ways possible.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey arches an amused brow at Jubilee as she divebombs into the water. "Wish I still had her energy at my age..I suppose some things never change.." she murmurs, accepting the drink with a smile and nod and cracking it open.\<br\>\<br\>As the little girl giggles at Logan and scampers away, chasing after Jubilee and trying to splash water at her, Jean nods to Logan. "How's it going, staying out of trouble?" she asks by way of conversation, although her smile seems reserved, thoughtful as she watches the white haired girl in the water.."
- Jubilee has posed:\<br\>Jubilee sticks her head out of the water and shakes her wet hair, "Jean! You are still a young and beautiful bitch. Get your butt in here, don't let these kids turn you into a schoolmarm. You're hot! Logan, back me up, Jean's hot, right, you'd totally chase her like a dog."\<br\>\<br\>She climbs back out of the water, "Respect is nice, but don't let it make you boring.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> "It's not yer age darlin'. It's yer reserved nature. I can watch the drinks. Go," he'll gesture to the water. "Got get em' beautiful," he says and Jubilee is stll goading the teacher. Logan is dong the same in his own way. \<br\>\<br\> "She has no idea darlin'," and Logan will leave the chasing comment rest right there. And take a sip of his beer. It's all up to Jubilee's persuassion now. The mutant will monitor the dirnks, just relievng Jean of her post.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey nearly chokes on her drink at Jubilee's comment, "Please. Don't encourage him." she gently reprimands her, shaking her head as she takes another long sip of her drink. "I'm fine, really. I'm happy to just sit on the lake side and people watch. Besides, someone has to make sure the kids behave."\<br\>\<br\>As she speaks, Jean continues to keep an interested eye on the white haired girl, watching her thoughtfully. "Besides, I don't want to miss if Scott comes back early.." although her smile fades at that, not seeming terribly hopeful. "Dont let me rain on your parade though, I will join in a bit, perhaps a couple drinks will help me to relax.."\<br\>\<br\>Sasha is sure having fun, diving and disappearing into the water, quite a strong swimmer for only 9 years old, and - is she creating those waves that seem to affect at least half the lake? Other kids in the lake giggle with glee as they ride the waves.
- Jubilee has posed:\<br\>Jubilee runs up behind and hugs Jean around the neck, seeing her looking a little sad about Scott. "She does have a reserved nature, I just want her to blossom and have fun and not lock up all that hotneess. We've been caged too long! We want to be free!" she yells.\<br\>\<br\>Okay, yeah, she's definitely a little drunk.\<br\>\<br\>"Let's get some tunes going," she says, finding a portable stereo and then looking at it in horror, "Oh, god, this is just a radio. Do they still have radio stations?!?"
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan Chcuckles at Jean's admonishment. Ocean blue eyes dance with mirth and merryment. Yet, he remains standing. Reaching into his pockets, he'll toss his cigar holder atop of the table that holdes the booze. \<br\>\<br\> Then he suddenly picks up Jean in both arms and starts to carry her toward the water. "Relax. I ain't gonna throw ya," because he knows she's gong to protest. However, he is going to be a man of his word. Each step going closer to the water. Then he'll stop. "See? No throw," and then she'll feel Logan rush, hold tight and jump into the water -with- her. It wasn't a toss into the water. He's jumping into the water and Jean just happens to be a casualty of wrong place, wrong time. And so the pair go into the water. The second they hit water, the grip lessesn. Both can rise to the surface. \<br\>\<br\> However, Logan's denser and tends to sink to the water. So, he wades a little bit before rising to the surface. "See? Ya should learn to live a little," and he pulls off the tanktop. Just there in his jeans and boots now, completely soaked. Everything of hs soked except the cigars. Those are safe with the booze. \<br\>\<br\> "Emjoy the water darlin," Logan says as he goes to monitor the booze, just dripping with wetness as he does it now. \<br\>\<br\> "See uncaged Jubes," he declares and just settles in.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey stiffens a bit at Jubilee's hug, a bit surprised as her thoughts are still elsewhere. "Jubilee, you are going to give me a heart attack!" she laughs a little, even if she is still distracted by many thoughts, turning around to playfully ruffle her hair, she barely has time to finish her drink befoer Logan picks her up and carries her to the water.\<br\>\<br\>"Logan! What..?!" too late. She is thankful that he did not just toss her into the water, although she pulls away a bit, coughing and tearing at her soaked clothes. "Really, you could have given me a warning next time..I'm soaked.." She smiles faintly at him, unbuttoning her shirt and pants, tossing them towards the lake side to reveal..\<br\>\<br\>An equally modest green one piece swimming suit underneath, with a gold bird emblazonned on the chest. "Don't worry about me, you'd better worry more about yourself!" And with that, she sends a telekinetically enhanced wave of water his way. Gotta get revenge somehow, right?
- Jubilee has posed:\<br\>Jubilee grins, "We're always gonna worry about you, Jean, because you're always looking after everybody else. It's like an inversion thing. You take care of us, so we take care of you. I'd say you're everybody's mom, but you're, like, only a couple of years older than me, but I think part of you might've been born a Mom. I know that's not how it works, but work with me," she says.\<br\>\<br\>She's soon getting the supersoakers out and engaged in a spraying war with some of the kids, running around barefoot like a monkey.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> "Thats the thing 'bout the glue. It's busy holdin' everyone else together that it eneds to be worried bout too," Logan says as he is trying get situated. His ocean blue eyes looking over the pair for a moment. \<br\>\<br\> And he just watches the chaos. Those running around with squrt guns and their super soakers. One will get him. He'll hold up both hands. "Kinda pointless! Already wet," but he'll chuckle. He'd be mad if someone did that and the cigars were out. They were not so it was okay. They got to live for now. \<br\>\<br\> "Still always a monkey, Firecracker. I'd swear ya were related to hank if ya can grab things wit' yer toes," he teasesa little bit and just enjoys the heat. \<br\>\<br\> Logan expected a modest suit on her frame. Jean is sensible to the public, so a sensible suit is completely expected.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey chuckles a bit bashfully at Jubilee's comment, shaking her head at the both of them. "That's very sweet of you, but really, I'm okay. And this is your big day, so you should worry more about yourself..when are you going to open those gifts for instance? I can't wait to see if you enjoy mine.." well, it's nothing fancy but..\<br\>\<br\>Kids are running around, spraying each other with water guns, Jean closes her eyes and floats on her back in the water, seeming a bit more relaxed..\<br\>\<br\>Amid all the playing, the little mute white haired girl swims out into the middle of the lake, twirling around effortlessly..She has an unusually fine command over the waves, creating ribbons of water around her in an almost artistic style..But more than that, she seems to be creating a rapidly spinning whirlpool as she spins. But, it's probably just all fun and games and harmless..Right?
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Pausing at the mutant swimming in the pool. "Alright. Whose gonna pull kids outta the water," Logan can try it, but he's slow in the water. It's not that he couldn't, but Logan would never be X-Men's answer to Aquaman. \<br\>\<br\> The ribbons are pretty now, but young mutants usually don't have various controls on their powers. He just sees ths as an avalanche. They can often start from something small before they grow, rapidly.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey frowns softly as she snaps to attention, all eyes on Sasha as she giggles and twirls. She's twirling faster and faster, almost dizzyingly so now as she creates a bigger and bigger whirlpool. And yet she seems to be in surprising control of her abilities, effortlessly floating over her workmanship, still giggling, almost madly..\<br\>\<br\>Jean starts to approach her although it's slow going with the powerful waves tossing everyone back. "Sasha, that's enough, stop!" as people start to get sucked into the whirlpool, she turns and focuses on them instead, using her telekinesis to pull as many out of the water as she can.\<br\>\<br\>Something's definitely not right here..
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan backs up a little ways. Breathing hard, he knows this is a stupid idea. He knows that this thing is bound to hurt him. However, it's the only idea he has. Focusing a moment, he starts to take off as fast as his legs can carry him. Rushing toward the shore, he leaps before he makes it to the water, trying to use velocity to carry him. Hopefully the leap would be enough to get ath teh center of this whirl pool and grab the child. Then hopefully that would break the watery spell. It would scare both of them, but everyone else would be safe. That's if it worked. If it didn't, he would either hit a a watery wall that felt as solid as earthly created counterparts or even be sucked into the vortex. Fun times.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>It's not easy to launch yourself through the air with enough force to fly through a superhumanely created wall of water. Fortunately Logan has those really sharp claws and enhanced physiology that might help. Even so, he might get battered by water, his lungs inundated with more water, but he might just get through after all that.\<br\>\<br\>The girl screams, kicking and attempting to bite him as she tries to get free but it's enough of a distraction that the whirlpool and water works lessen considerably, enough that Jean is able to TK lift the remaining people out of the water.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan tries tos ay things, but all the water in hs lunges drowns out noises. Plus, there is the kicking and biting. "STOP!" he growls loudly at the kid as best he can, while coughing up water. The man is snarling a little bit as he is trying to get the hydrokinetic to just stop. She means well, but there needs to be control. Logan doesn't notice Jean pluck the kids with her telekinetics. Honestly, it's a hope, but his focus is solely on the cause of the problem.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>The girl continues to struggle until Jean steps towards her laying a hand over her head. "It's okay, you're safe now.." she smiles gently at the girl and she pauses a moment, distracted perhaps, enough so that she is no longer struggling in his arms.\<br\>\<br\>She nods to Logan, "Thanks, I was a little worried..It's like the others..She seems to be under..'Their' control.." she frowns softly, shaking her head. "Enough, I cant let them have anymore of my kids.." jade eyes glow golden as she touches the girl's forehead and the girl screams, struggling a bit more, her eyes glowing bright blue for a moment.\<br\>\<br\>"You can't save us all..We will only take more..!" the girl says in an eerily calm voice that sounds strange, alien on her. And then she faints.\<br\>\<br\>As if on cue, Jean gasps and staggers back, exhausted herself from the exertion..
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan nods when he gets the signal from Jean that everything is going to be calm. A growl escapes his lips as he knows that voice. A second later, Jean staggers and he tries to capture her. "Hey, yer okay darlin'," he says just trying to make sure Jean -knows- that she's safe now.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>"Yes, I am alright, just a little tired.." she frowns, "How is Sasha?" peering at the girl, she seems to be unconscious for the moment and it's hard to tell if she is still possessed or if she is now free of the alien control. "I really need to figure out a better way to do this. We had better keep her under observation in the brig until we can find a way to turn those kids back." she glances around. Most everyone else is back to enjoying themselves now that the immediate threat is seemingly worn off.\<br\>\<br\>"Let me take her, you and Jubilee should go and enjoy the party, we could both do with a rest. Maybe I'll look up Betsy, see if she can help us too.."