15304/Waiting for a Ride
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Waiting for a Ride|
|Date of Scene:||06 July 2023|
|Location:||Garage - Xavier's School|
|Synopsis:||While waiting for Scott to return, Jean bumps into Logan again and they talk about bikes and other stuff..|
|Cast of Characters:||Phoenix, Wolverine
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>It's a quiet day in the mansion, school has just ended for the day and Jean has a little time to herself. So naturally she headed to the garage to see if Scott has returned yet, but as she peers around at all the cars and bikes, she sees no sign of his vehicle. "Still not back.." she mutters, looking worried, "Where *are* you, Scott..I need you.." she sighs, hugging her arms, sinking down on the steps to the garage. Seems she's determined to wait..However long it takes.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan stays low knowing he's not supposed to hear that. He stays there and thinks for a moment. Doing his best Logan rises up and tries to act startled, "Jean! Didn't hear ya there, gettin' lost in bike work," and then he ducks down agan to work on the bike. "Need a tune up or somethin'?" he asks and starts to grab a socket wrench. Quietly, he gets to work on it. Ocean blue eyes just returning to the task he was doing before Jean came in.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey blinks in surprise, stiffening at the familiar voice. "Logan...?! What are you doing here?" she sighs, rubbing her eyes, clearly caught off guard, clearly off her game a lot these days. She should leave, before she says too much but..Instead, she moves towards him, watching him work on the bike thoughtfully. "No..Nothing like that. I was just..Waiting for Scott to come home." she seems tired, sad..The lakeside party was a nice distraction, but only a distraction..
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> "Just workin' on the bike," Logan says honstly. "And yer tired again. You okay? You've been more exhausted than usual. Been worried," he says firmly. "It's been days, weeks, ya gotta talk to someone 'bout that," he sets down the socket wrench. Then he lets his eyes trail over the work area. Just checking to see what else needs to be done besides a good polish.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey smiles faintly, and nods, "A few sleepless nights but I'll survive.." she draws a deep breath, watching him work on the bike thoughtfully. "I want to thank you...And I wanted to apologize too.." straight and to the point.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> "It's more than just a few sleepless nights darlin'. Ya look like ya need a lotta somethin'. Don't know what," he looks at her for a moment. "Don't know what it is, but ya gotta figure it out. Fer yer sake," and he looks into those green eyes. Emeralds sparkling and he waves a hand. "Nothin' to apologize or thank me for," over his shoulder is a grease rag, which is pretty smudged up. So, he's going for some of the industrial wipes.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey shakes her head, "Don't worry about me.." she laughs, still in denial, "I will always worry about the students at this mansion. However, I do thank you for get me to relax, distracting me for a little while during that birthday party. I haven't had that much fun in a long while..And I am sure that Sasha will be alright in due time.." her jade eyes darken, "I won't let anyone hurt anymore kids..I can't.."
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Shaking his head, "Denial ain't a good look on ya Jean," his voice firm like steel, like calling the sky blue. Ocean blue eyes looking back at her and he shrugs, "Someone's gotta pull ya outta yer shell sometimes. The glue of the gang needs to unwind, too," he says and snags some of that blue cloth-like paper. First the hands go in orange fast then wiping them off in the blue matieral before tossing it appropriately. "Ya need to unwind more," he says very firmly. "Yer always worried 'bout us, cut loose sometimes. If ya control too much, yer gonna bottle it all up inside until ya pop."
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey shakes her head, "Can't do that, gotta keep it together, or else I'll lose more students..Maybe I'm not strong enough or maybe I'm not focused enough to protect them all, but I should be. They need me, and I let them down.." she bites her lip, staring at her hands, "Perhaps it was because I was distracted, being separated with Scott and all.."\<br\>\<br\>She glances back at him, "And I owe you an apology. I..Said some things I shouldn't have, inappropriate things. I wish all the best for you and Rogue. I shouldn't have judged her. I'm sure you'll both be happy together.."
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> "Jean. Yer drivin' yerself up a wall. Be easy on yerself. Ya ain't good fer anyone when ya get this wound. Unwind, Darlin'. Logan looks at her for a moment. "Stop blamin' yerself fer Scott fer this fer that. All of it. Stop," Logan says knowing that's probably a driving force to her right now. Some combination or way. \<br\>\<br\> "Don't apologize. I wasn't offended n' I ain't takin' my comments back," he says and shrugs his shoulders. Logan didn't see this as a social faupax. He saw this as Jean doing what she rarely does, be human. Be like everyone else.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey smiles faintly, looking like she might cry, but holding it back. "You're right of course, I'm getting all wound up, trying to take on too much on my own.." she sighs, "I suppose sometimes it's hard, finding your place, especially when your emotions get out of control, feeling all these extreme highs and lows, all this confusion.."\<br\>\<br\>The last part has her shaking her head fervently. "No, I..Shouldn't have said what I said..Insinuating things. It was wrong of me. I guess. was just having second thoughts, wasn't sure what exactly I wanted but.."\<br\>\<br\>She laughs, tossing her head, moving to step around the bike he's working on. "You know, I've never actually ridden a motorbike before..How far does it go? I'll bet it's a thrill, isn't that why you do it?"
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan nods as he's just happy to see her admit it. He understans the confusin "Well, what do ya want?" Logan asks and he raises a brow at her. The defelection comes out and he shrugs, going to grab his tools. What he uses is a small toolbox anyoen can carry by hand. Something small, metal and old looking. His tools are stored in a much larger tool box. He just uses this little carrying box to help him haul things. \<br\>\<br\> He pauses for a moment, "Wanna find out what t's like to be a bike?" Logan asks. "Plenty of helmets in here, something's gotta fit," he says just tossing that out there.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey studies the bike still, never much if a bike person but curious, "Oh I don't know..Maybe I wanna go somewhere far away, as fast and as reckless as I can..Throw caution to the wind you know? Pretend for once that I don't have responsibilities or expectations to deal with.." she laughs, twirling a strand of flame red hair between her fingers.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> "Well, whenever ya want to get away just ask. Ya just gotta ask," Logan says softly, putting the control in her hands. Whenever she wanted it, she could go far away quickly. All she had to do was ask for it. "Call it a personal day," he says and shrugs looking at Jean. "Everyone takes em'."
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey bites her lips, reaching out to hesitantly touch the handlebars of the bike, "So, how about you give me a lesson? It looks like fun.." she smiles, "I'll try not to wreck it." it seems to be a nice little distraction at least, maybe a good one..
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> "Alright. When do ya wanna start em'?" Logan asks as he's more than ready to teach her whenever she asks. He'll have to take them to some place abandoned at first. He will have to do the very basics wth her. At least until she gets used to it.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey chuckles, "Any time, I suppose I will have to get a helmet, really: psyche myself up but..You know, a little demo ride somewhere quiet and in nature would be nice in the meantime..?" she arches a brow, "Anything else I need to prepare myself?"
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> "Good pair of pants. Bike can get hot if ya sit on it wrong, pants will keep yer legs protected," he says just being honest about that one. It's why a lot of bikers wear pants. It protects just enough. "Then whenever yer ready to go," Logan smiles at her for the moment.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey is just wearing jeans and a green T-shirt for the hot sumner. And sandals which are probably very impractical. His comment does make her chuckle a bit. "Oh, really? I thought it got cold on a bike, isn't that why bikers always wear leather? Or is that just for the badass angle? It hardly looks comfortable honestly.."
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> "Ya need some boots. It's fer the sun n' badass angle," Logan says firmly to her and then he gives her a nod. "So, what are ya doin' gawkin' at me. Get yer boots, " Logan playfully barks and waits for her to run off. And Logan will just give her a few. He's in jeans and a black button up workshirt. His shirt is one logo away from making Logan look like he is the official mechanic at Xavier's.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey smiles and nods, "Understood, should I grab a jacket too? Although it's such a hot day.." either way she turns and hurries off, retuning a moment later with proper sturdy ankle boots and a little leather vest just incase. The tshirt is traded out for a white blouse, giving her arms some protection. She doesn't really do the badass biker gal that well, still coming off more as girl next door but it's a good try at least maybe? "So then, what next? Oh yeah, I found a spare helmet kicking around.."
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan knows Jean doesn't do badass very well, if at all. So, he's not surprised to see her outfit is ftting yt devoid of anything badass. \<br\>\<br\> Logan's on his bike and he waits for her to get behind him. "I'll ride wit' ya as far out as ya want. Get ya used to the bike n' then we can slowly work yer way up to a proper bike," he says as he doesn't turn on the engine yet. He just wats for Jean to get comfortable.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey chuckles as she slides on the seat behind him. "Proper bike huh? Aren't they all pretty much the same?". she peers around for something to grab onto, not sure if he would be okay with her arms around his waist or.."Soo now what?"
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> "Hands 'roud the waste if ya wanna be secure. There's also a spot to hold into from behnd, if ya'd rather not," and Logan doesn't start the bike thanks to her question. "There is a bg difference. Lotta people work up from drtbikes to regular bikes," and then he starts up the enigine. Revving t a few tmes. "Feel the engine," and he revs it again. Then he shoots out of the garage going down the driveway. When he sees the gate open up, he speeds up. "Ya wanted to go fast, right?" he yells back to her and then Logan is trying to just fullfill her wish.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey glances at the side handles and decides to play it safe for now, grabbing those instead. No need to get too cozy, right?\<br\>\<br\>"Keep an eye out for Scott, he should be home soon...I hope " the last part is added under her breath, still hopeful that he will come home safely. "So where to?" she has ridden a bicycle before but this is probably a bit different, bigger, sturdier.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> "Wherever the wind takes out," which is Logan talk for wherever they want to go, or if he sees a good spot to teach her. It's a whatever happens first. Ocean blue eyes focusing on the road. Since it's a weekday not many people are doing Summer Time rides. So, it's a litlte easier to go fast and far wthout being too hindered. He looks back to her for a moment. "How are ya holdin' up?" he asks genuinely.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey smiles, pulling the helmet on, securing it snugly around her chin and gives him the thumbs up. "Ready when you are, I could go for a nice quiet country ride.." it's probably a good thing it's a weekday, the roads won't be too crowded today, hopefully, "Got any favorite routes?"
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Smiling at the open road, "I just go until the wind takes us n' I do like a cabin, but it's more fer relaxing," and he continues going forward ont he road. Everything going by them as he starts to slow it down a little. "Relax or learn?" he yells over the noise letting Jean pick her fate tonight.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey smiles, holding onto the handlebars more tightly. "Perhaps just a nice relaxing ride would be good for me tonight.." she arches a brow. "Cabin? I suppose you do like to spend a lot of time in the wilderness..Must be peaceful out there.."\<br\>\<br\>She too raises her voice as they pick up speed. "Of course Scott and I live in a cabin in the woods near the lake..I have never been camping or really got lost in the wilderness though, must be fun.."
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\>Logan will pull off at the nearest rest stop, or texting area. "We could always grab some tents n' go camping now?" he says it wouldn't take much. A simple shopping trip, a little creativity and then finding a good place to get lost in for a night.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey blinks, peering at the darkening sky. "Right now? But..Scott could be honest any moment..I want to be there when he does.." of course he might not return for a few hours or days but.."Of course I love your spontaneity." she chuckles, "Where are we going to find last minute camping supplies?"
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\>"Ain't as hard as ya think. Just a question if ya wanna camp now or be at the mansion then place this. Yer call," Logan says not wanting to alienate any desire Jean may have. It's all up to her. "Lots of places will have decent stuff. Not the best, but it'll do just fine fer what two people need," he says with the sound of experience in his voice. Ocean blue eyes looking toward her for a moment. "And thank ya fer the compliment."
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey chuckles and nods, "A camp sounds lovely, as long as we don't get eaten by bears. If you know where we can get some camping gear at the last possible moment, lead on!"