15393/Playing catch up
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Playing catch up|
|Date of Scene:||29 July 2023|
|Location:||Breakstone Lake - Xavier's School|
|Synopsis:||Jean goes out for a swim and catches up with Logan|
|Cast of Characters:||Phoenix, Wolverine
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>It's another lazy weekend day on the lake and Jean is determined to make the most of it without any more interference. No more possessed kids, or missing boyfriends or shifty psychics to worry about, at least not for today. Nope, she's determined to take it easy for once and enjoy her me-time for once. \<br\>\<br\>The lake is always a bit cooler than the swimming pool but it keeps her more cool and alert as she does a few laps in the water,dressed in a one piece gold and red swimsuit that resembles a certain fiery costume, and at least it offers some protection from the hot sun beating down on the lake.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan is wlaking around the lake. He takes a sip of the glass of beer in his hands. He's wearing light blue jeans and has a a blank tanktop on. The beer meets his lips here and there. The liquid runs down his throat and it's pleasant. \<br\>\<br\> Honestly, he's not paying attention much. So, Jean being in the water goes unnoticed until whenever she tries to slip from the water. He's just in his own world and thoughts at the moment. Just savoring how the drinkf eels at the moemnt and how the sun comes down. So, it's a good moment for him.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey does eventually climb out of the water, wringing her flame red hair of water. Thankfully when she's not Phoenix'd up, she doesn't have crazy lengths of hair although with the wind blowing it still gets into her eyes. Now where did she out that towel..? With a strong gust of wind earlier, it see,s to have blown away somewhere..\<br\>\<br\>Still caught up in her own thoughts, she hadn't really paid attention to anyone else around her. So far it's bee; a pretty quiet day on the lake, only a few people here and there..
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan looks to see Jean in a bathing sut. Feeling the wind, he looks toward her. "Darlin' yer gonna get a cold!" He starts to move toward her, blue eyes looking for a towel. He knows Jean to not be so careless. Still, the last time they saw each other was a particular camping trip. That was a little reckless, kind of rewarding to see.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey glances around and shivers a bit, feeling the refreshing wind on her skin but also knowing he might be right..She has been known to be a bit impulsive at times, like that camping trip. "Oh, Logan..I didn't see you there..' she smiles slightly, glancing around for her towel, "Huh, the wind must have picked up, have you seen my towel?"\<br\>\<br\>She seems more relaxed at least, no longer as stressed, or as sad as she was last time they met.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> That emotonal shift tells Logan two things. Either Jean has made some big personal changes or Scott is back. He starts to move away from her a little once the towel is spotted. Holding it out to her, Logan just wats for her to take it. "Must be the weather," he says softly. Then waits for her to just take the towel. "Or maybe 'Ro's upset with ya," Logan gives a smirk with a small wink.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey chuckles, taking the towel and wrapping it around herself with a shiver. "Thank you, Logan.." she shakes her head and smiles, "Oh..I hope she's not mad at me again. I've decided to back off, even though I don't trust Sinister, she's a big girl and can make her own decisions and mistakes as well." she shrugs, parting her hair dry.\<br\>\<br\>"But yes, Betsy returned to the Manor recently and we figured out how to de-possess one of the kids..So at least now we have a means of saving the others. Now we just need to scan the school for anymore hostile take overs before this gets out of hand.."\<br\>\<br\>As for Scott, a small smile creeps up in the corners of her mouth. "Yes..He returned last week, thank goodness. Safe and sound.." she glances back at him thoughtfully, maybe a bit guiltily. "I'm sorry, I acted rashly again, leaning on you too much for support in his absence.."
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> "I meant Storm. Controls the weather," Logan points out. Then he shakes hs head. "She ain't mad. And she asid she was an X-Men at the end of the day. I don't trust Sinister. I'm still doin' digging. If ya have that crystal, destroy it," Logan says firmly as he trusts Snister even less lately. \<br\>\<br\> "I know. I was there when she dd that n' she visited me before slipping to the mansion. She's worried somethin' is gonna doom the world. A couple of somethin's. Bad visions comin' to her," Logan says honestly. He omits some other details, but gives Jean a taste in case they didn't talk much. \<br\>\<br\> Then without asking the obvious question, Jean answers it. Shaking hs head, "Nothin' happened. Think nothin' of it," Logan says softly and waves a hand and pushes asde a few things.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey arches a brow, glancing skywards and chuckles a bit nervously, shaking her head. "Ohh..Right! of course." she nods, "I guess I felt bad, perhaps I was too hard on her, I just don't want to be trusting the wrong people is all but it's all water under the bridge.."\<br\>\<br\>When he talks about visions, that causes her to frown in concern, "Wait what? Visions? I didnt know she got visions..What sorts of visions exactly..?"\<br\>\<br\>As for 'what happened', she sighs, turning away slightly to watch the lake. "I'm such a fool, Logan..For the slightest moment I thought Scott wouldn't return, and then I worried he'd come back even more uptight than when he left..I...Doubted myself, my faith in him.." she seems to want to say more, but shakes her head, keeping quiet on her more private thoughts.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan's eyes narrow and he looks at her, "You were bein' human. Anyone woulda lost faith. Don't be so hard on yerself. We'd all lose faith lke that," he says firmly trying to make sure she sees the seriouness in his voice, expression. \<br\>\<br\> "Yeah, she gets visions. Talk to her 'bout them," that's not his story to tell. He looks at her fora moment. "You and Rogue should go out fer a girl's night. Maybe go shoppin'," he says pointng out that Rogue si thawing to everything. Ocean blue eyes look toward her, curously.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey arches a brow at him. "Am I? Maybe I was just being too hard on Scott, just because we bumped heads on a few things before I left, but...I suppose that is between him and me." she shakes her head, focusing more on the lake than on Logan right now, trying to clear her head perhaps. She still has a lot on her mind it seems.\<br\>\<br\>"I was not aware she had visions, why does she think the world is doomed? I really wish she would share these things with her team mates.." her voice seems just slightly tenser at that..\<br\>\<br\>The idea of a girls night out with her however does cause her frown to deepen even more, "You think past wounds have healed enough for her to trust me? But you might be right, perhaps she would open up to me more about things if she realized we're on the same side."
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> "That ain't my story to tell," Logan emphasizes again about Psylocke. That's something she and Jean would need to speak about. \<br\>\<br\> Logan raises a brow wonderiing if Jean has more on her mind, or if she's just scatterbrained with everythiing stillg oing on. \<br\>\<br\> "Could be an olive branch," he says just pointing that out. Trust does need to be earneda nd maybe it would be earned via trips, adventures, taht sort of thing. It couldn't hurt.