15507/End of Summer Blues
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|End of Summer Blues|
|Date of Scene:||20 August 2023|
|Location:||Interior, 714 Titicus Road, Breakstone|
|Synopsis:||Jean and Scott make plans before summer ends.|
|Cast of Characters:||Phoenix, Cyclops
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>While many students attended summer school, classes tended to be less intense over the warmer sunnier days. It made the recent threat of psychic intruders and the weird ghost town shenanigans a little easier to bear. But as she stands on the back porch in shorts and a thin white t-shirt watching the skyline, Jean is quickly starting to realize that summer is rapidly coming to an end.\<br\>\<br\>A strong breeze ruffles her flame red hair, pushing grey clouds to cover the few rays of sun this afternoon..Judging by those ominous grey skies, one has to wonder if a bad storm is approaching?
- Cyclops has posed:\<br\>Stepping out from within the cottage that Jean Grey and Scott Summers call home, the man himself appears behind Jean. He was dressed in sweatpants and his red-tinted shades. He was lacking a shirt, most likely he had just gotten up or he was just enjoying the comforts of his own home. But, all the same, he approached Jean and attempted to wrap his arms around her shoulders, his head leaning otwards hers to press a kiss to her cheek. \<br\>\<br\> "Everything okay?" \<br\>\<br\> He's used to warnings of deep foreboding and dark shadows. But, he watches ever still. This woman, whom he'd come to fall so madly in love that madness could perhaps be the only way to describe it, had meant the world to him...and no ominous sky would dare suffocate their harmony. \<br\>\<br\> He looks off towards that forever sky... "Looks like a storm's brewing."
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey smiles, closing her eyes and leaning in against the warmth that her fiance provides. "Mmm, hello Scott.." she smiles faintly, shaking her head, "Oh everything is just perfect, now that you're here..I'm just trying to enjoy the last few weeks of summer, it always seems to fly by far too quickly, and I've been so busy putting out little fires, it seems that once again we haven't had much time for each other."\<br\>\<br\>Its to the point where it's become something of a running joke amongst the students. Every time they plan a vacation, some epic catastrophe stops them. She chuckles at the thought, shaking her head as she grasps his hands tightly, giving them a little squeeze. "Perhaps we have a little time left before those thunder clouds roll in, hmm?"
- Cyclops has posed:\<br\>The feeling of Jean leaning against him fills Scott's heart with fluttering love. It makes his heart beat faster, his eyes soften behind those ruby-quartz lenses and for a moment, he doesn't say anything. He just stays with his fiance in that moment, a smile on his features. "You're sweet to me." Scott notes of Jean, a smile touching his features as he looks out into that distance. \<br\>\<br\> "It always comes and goes so fast. Remember when we were younger? We felt like summer lasted forever and a day. Sometimes we were almost excited to go back to school." Hah, now that feeling will never arrive again! They're older now. Wiser. A bit more on the level. Yet, even still, they've put out so many fires. \<br\>\<br\> "But we're here together now. That's what matters." \<br\>\<br\> He turns to look at her a bit more directly, even as he feels her hands grasp his own tightly, as if she might never let go. "All the time in the world, love. What would you like to do?"
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey smiles, "Of course, you're the biggest love of my life, you mean more to me than anyone or anything..Which is why I miss you when we're apart.." she chuckles at the memories, shaking her head, "Wow, how long have we known each other now? Seems like forever, wish we could get those carefree days back sometimes. Now we're so busy with our new responsibilities.."\<br\>\<br\>She twirls around to face him, smiling still, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Mm, there are so many things we need to do before school starts in full swing. But somewhere nice and quiet, a weekend camping trip in the mountains would be wonderful. I know the perfect spot." she smiles almost mischievously at him and winks, "And this time, no more aliens or ghosts or other interruptions."
- Cyclops has posed:\<br\>"Well, now you just made me feel special." \<br\>\<br\> A cheeky grin is evident on Scott's face as he regards Jean with a deep fondness. "I hate being apart. Even on missions, even when I have to go by myself...I just need you to know that. The only time I'm truly happy is when I'm with you, Red." Scott smiles warmly, though she turns around in his arms to look upon him and he feels the warmth of her arms around his neck. \<br\>\<br\> A soft look on his face. \<br\>\<br\> "I'd love that. We can take the weekend, go to the peak of the mountain....spend some alone time?" There's a request there in his words. Yet, even still, the knowledge that there won't be aliens or ghosts or monsters or otehr interruptions? \<br\>\<br\> "Paradise to me."
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey smiles softly and nods, stroking his face gently, thoughtfully. "Unfortunately we're no longer kids. We pretty much lead the school and the team which means we have to be responsible, put other needs before our own.. "\<br\>\<br\>She sighs, considering something. "I am still uncertain who we can trust to take charge of things while we are away but now that Storm us back, perhaps we can consider her for the role? And the mountains would be wonderful, as long as the weather holds up..Wonder if Ororo would oblige?"\<br\>\<br\>There's a slightly mischievous sparkle in her eyes as she says that.
- Cyclops has posed:\<br\>The soft touch to his face allows Scott to turn his head and rest his cheek against her soft palm. "No...no we're not." Children anymore. They lead these people. The Dream? Charles's Dream? They're the Stewards of it now. A deep look rests on Scott's face for a moment before he clears his throat and chuckles. "But, well, every now and again we can afford to sneak away for a little bit." \<br\>\<br\> And you know...be in a relationship. \<br\>\<br\> "Ororo is an excellent choice to protect this place while we are away. I can think of no one else better suited for the role. She's motherly and kind, stern but gentle. The kids look up to her." \<br\>\<br\> He chuckles softly then. \<br\>\<br\> "..and I'm sure she can give us a litlte bit of sun." He rests his hands on her lower back, connecting his fingers slightly as he stares into the green of her eyes.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey smiles, reaching up to stroke his hair, peering lovingly into his eyes. "Mmm, sounds perfect. So, we should plan for it maybe next weekend? while it's still warm?" \<br\>\<br\>She sighs, "To be honest, I initially thought that perhaps Logan would be a good choice, given how level headed he seems lately, although I'm still surprised that he and Rogue got together.." of course she already knows Scott's opinion on Logan..\<br\>\<br\>As for Ororo, she chuckles and nods, "I'm sure she would be happy to favor us for just a day or two..But in the meantime, we only have a few hours left before summer classes tomorrow.," she smiles, "how shall we spend the rest of our evening?"
- Cyclops has posed:\<br\>"Mmm..." \<br\>\<br\> Scott was relaxed. He always was whenever Jean touched him. It was as if everything was safe when they were near one another. It was a beautiful thing, one that Scott hasn't known much of in his life until he met the wonderful Jean Grey. "Sounds like a good idea to me." He remarks with a smile on his face, looking at her as he frowns softly as Logan is mentioned. \<br\>\<br\> "Logan can help Ororo. He can be firm where she's gentle. I don't mind that Rogue and Logan are together, so long as they treat each other right." Scott's issues with Logan are largely hierarchal in nature - Scott gives orders, Logan often disobeys them. It's two alpha personalities in a room. \<br\>\<br\> And a terrible idea. \<br\>\<br\> But, he seems to smile at her. "Well...what to do about that indeed..." \<br\>\<br\> and sure enough, Scott reaches down, attempting to scoop Jean into his arms to cradle her. "I think I can come up with a few ideas."
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jean Grey smiles, "I'm glad Logan's finally seeming to turn over anew leaf, anyway, I just want to focus on us, and enjoy what fewquiet days we have left."\<br\>\<br\>She laughs as he scoops her up, attempting to playfully tickle him, "Why Mr Summers, I've never seen you so relaxed." she teases.
- Cyclops has posed:\<br\>With Jean in his arms, Scott laughs with her. "Well, you have that effect on me, Ms. Grey." \<br\>\<br\> And Scott carries her inside their cottage and slowly towards their room. "Though, if you don't mind, I say we stay in today." \<br\>\<br\> There's few better ways to celebrate the beginning of the school year.