15319/Into the Abyss..
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Into the Abyss..|
|Date of Scene:||08 July 2023|
|Location:||Apartment, the Blue Lady|
|Synopsis:||A soulgaze is made and important memories are experienced.|
|Cast of Characters:||Faith Lehane, Thomas Raith
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>The world dissolves around them in a flurry of dizzying Color's and patterns, like a kaleidoscopic oil painting. Her world, her memories are far less structured than Thomas' and consist of a dark cavern full of numerous paintings or sometimes drawings etched on the wall. Most are alive, moving, each telling a particularly important piece of her history. \<br\>\<br\>Faith is standing, waiting impatiently for Thomas to choose a memory, and she is younger, maybe 11 or 12, she seems more innocent, not so hardened by life, maybe even a bit more carefree as she bounces on her heels, waiting impatiently.\<br\>\<br\>"Soo? What are you waiting for, already? Let's get this over with!"
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith raises an eyebrow. a Person's ID tends to be the representation of their inner self. The truest part of themself, It seemed such a stark contrast that this young girl would be Faith's. Heck she is actually almost... cute. Still it makes sense, she had to do allot of growing up really fast. "Well it's your mind then, what should I see first?"
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane would probably rip his lungs out if she was privy to his thoughts, and maybe she is in this world but she is also focused on her own memories right now.\<br\>\<br\>"What is it? You wanted to see what I'm all about right? How this whole mess started right? So you probably wanba start from the beginning, how I became who I am now so five by five!"\<br\>\<br\>And with an impish grin she playfully shoved him towards one of the paintings, a painting of an old, cozy looking little house. \<br\>\<br\>When the spinning stops, young Faith is seen in the garden outside, playing frisbee with a cute rambunctious border collie dog of some sort. Inside, her parents can be seen moving around. It's a cheerful sunny day and it seems like just a happy cozy family. Definitely not anything like current Faith.
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith knows better then most just how fast those things can change. How those nice clean wholesome moments can become nightmares. So he decides to ask the safest question he can think of while he waits for the inevitable twist to happen. "So what was the dogs name?"
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>"Rex.." she replies with a smile on her face, scritching the dog's ears, "He's my best friend, isn't he cute?" she grins and there is so much hope and happiness in her eyes. Things were relatively good once upon a time..But all too soon, time shifts and changes..The house suddenly looks older, more dilapidated. She's inside this time, looking sad as her mom lays sprawled on the sofa, drinking herself to death, her father is telling rather aggressively, shaking a glass of whiskey at a second woman, presumably Faith 's aunt.\<br\>\<br\>"This place is a dump! You couldn't even take care of the dog when he was sick and now he's dead! Are you going to do the same with my niece?! You both need to stop drinking and taking drugs and take responsibility for your life!" her father yells and swears and throws the bottle at her.\<br\>\<br\>Screaming, Faith runs out the door and sits on the steps to the back yard, sobbing quietly. This was the moment when things changed.l
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith raises an eyebrow, "What happened? I mean I assume they din't just decide one day to become alcholics." He says calmly, wanting to comfor the memory girl but knowing there is nothing he can do. This is the past.
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane sighs, "How should I know? They were always into drugs and shit, dad had a hard life, he was a Highschool dropout from an abusive family, was hardly making ends meet. Things seemed ok at forst when he got that inheritance from his parents..But once it ran out he turned to a life of crime or something, started dealing drugs, got mom high all the time rather than deal with her schitzo tendencies..." was that all? it seems a lot to digest..
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith nods slightly, He sort of wishes he was surprised but it's not even that uncommon of a story. He watches, waiting for the story to progress... and thinking to himself about a few things but not sharing them out loud.
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Time fast forwards again and the scene changes once more. Faith is a bit older now, maybe 14 or 15. She looks a bit hardened now and is in a different house, only marginally better than the last. \<br\>\<br\>The flash of red and blue police lights shine through the window as her mother talks to the cops, thanking them and watching them go before spinning to face Faith.\<br\>\<br\>"Faith I cannot believe you! This is the third time this month you've been charged with theft, and each time it's a bigger charge! I won't be able ti cover for you next to one! Your no better than your deadbeat parents, soon enough you'll either end up in jail like your dad or in the hospital like your mom!"\<br\>\<br\>Faith sighs, turning to Thomas, "Do you see now? Unlike you I didn't come from a privileged family but I didn't turn out humble or generous at all..I'm just a mess, then and now.."
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith nods slightly, "You were a kid. You had a rough start of it and you acted out. What I do see is someone who loves you. Who wants what's best for you. And you not knowing how to show that love back because you were never taught. Don't think because I had money I don't understand. I may have always had food, always had a roof... but my mom left when I was six. My father hated me... My sister, who I trusted put her Hunger agienst mine the moment mine became alive. Do you understand what that means? I'd have traded you the mansions and the cars and the clothes for her." He says pointing at her aunt.
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane laughs and shakes her head, "You're right, she was the closest I had to family and I still messed up.." time blurs and fast forwards again, Faith is a bit older, probably around 16 and arguing with her aunt heatedly. \<br\>\<br\>"Faith what's gotten into you? first you're charged with petty theft and now you're graduated to assault? This breaking peoples noses and breaking arms has to stop! I didn't raise you to be a thug...And this new strength of yours frightens me! You are a huge disappointment.."\<br\>\<br\>They argue back and forth, Faith becoming more and more aggressive til her aunt grabs for her arm and she shoved her away, accidentally shoving her down the stairs. As her aunt screams, Faith runs out the door and doesn't look back.\<br\>\<br\>More time blurs and he will see quick glimpses of the next few years, Faith fighting the police, getting involved in gangs, in drugs, trying to make ends meet as a hooker..She is no longer sweet and innocent but hardened, being beaten up sometimes, beating others other times, being used and abused.
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith winces in sympathetic pain as those words, you're a disappointment, his worse then any slap could. He watches as time skips foreword... The violence doesn't seem to bother him. The sex work even less so. He literally grew up in the porn industry. He doesn't look away as he asks her Id softly, "Were your slayer powers kicking in at this point, or were you just that strong?"
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane laughs and nods, "About the time I pushed my aunt down the stairs and got into fights in my senior term in school I knew I was different from the other kids. I didn't bruise, could punch holes in walks with little effort. Scared the shit out of the other kids, scared myself even more...And then.."\<br\>\<br\>Another scene unfolds, her first watcher finds her, explains things, trains her, and Thomas may remember some of this from Splattercon memories..\<br\>\<br\>She gave her direction, purpose...Then when she went and fought Tricks and Kakistos...Her Watcher met a brutal death..And Faith runs once more..
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith watches the horror of the woman's death. Unflinching. In many ways he already lived through this chapter with her. Still rather then let it fly bt he asks, "Can you tell me about her. You were obviously close. What was she like?" He asks walking around the scene calmly... Like an angel in his white suit amungst the horror.
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane shrugs as she researched the scene, flinching a bit and turning away. But keeping her voice steady she shrugs and smiles at Thomas, "She was like a mentor, she understood me in a way that not even my aunt understood. She helped me when I needed it...And I let her down..But with Buffy's help we nailed that bastard, so.." she shrugs and laughs, "We're five by five, ain't no reason to dwell on the last right? I think we're pretty much caught up unless there's anything else you wanted to see?"
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith tilts his head debating how hard he should press, but also knowing here is the one place, the one time she can't hide from him. Can't lie. Can't obfuscate. "That's all? Just a mentor, just a friend, and now just dead? That's all she was to you?
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane frowns and shrugs, "Honestly I knew her barely a year..Like everyone else in my life, she was there briefly, too brief for me to form any lasting bonds with her..Then there was Buffy, but we were never really friends..Allies sure but that's all.." she smirks, "Then you showed up.."
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith raises an eyebrow at that and smirks just a little bit, "Alright, I have an insurmountable ego, show me...me." He says with a wicked grin, as if challanging her to face her feelings about the White Courtier himself...
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane pauses, a bit hesitant..."Uh, you already know what we are, friends, allies, we take what we want, we use each other...That's all.." she shrugs, trying to downplay things, but then she snaps her fingers and it's closer to the present, one of their more recent encounters before she just ran out on him and cooled off.,\<br\>\<br\>Faith is in his apartment, staring out the window while he's still asleep, frowning, thinking out loud, her thoughts like a story book. "Soo, thanks to Harry, I've found the memory demons lair..But if we find and kill 'em, there's the chance that Buffy will remember him too..Do I really want that? Maybe I shouldn't say anything.." she seems..Torn..
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith walks closer to the Memory Faith, listening to her inner monologue, the pain there. Pain she likely would not even admit to himself. "And what do you want?" He asks softly, either to the memmory or to the Id, it's hard to say which... "Deep down at your core what do you want?"
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane shrugs and laughs, shaking her head. "Geez, what a dumb question, I don't want anything except...For someone to love me, to accept me as I am, not to leave me but, to make me number one..But that's just stupid wishful thinking. This ain't no fairytale, I'll always be the Spare Slayer, the dark slayer, the extra, unneeded outsider, never as good or as loved as her.."
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith turns to face the woman. He walks over and sets beside her on the widow sill. "When I was at my lowest," He says softly, "Buffy was gone. Murphy. Harry. No one to turn to. It was /you/ that came to me. You didn't offer me platitudes. You didn't tell me everything would be alright. You slapped me and told me that I was being a little bitch, then you fucked my brains out." He smiles. "Thing is, I could have ignored the platitudes and the niceties. But I could not ignore the sheer force of you. You're worried that if Buffy gets her memories back tomorrow or whenever that I will run back to her... And I get that. I still love Buffy. Part of me always will. But she is in my past. You are by my side now. This will never be a fairy tale. You're no princess in a tower, I am sure as hell no knight in shining armor. But you are good enough for me. You are needed by me. You are /my/ Dark Slayer. And there is no one I want to be monsters with more."
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane blinks slowly, both of them at the same time, staring at him with a strange vulnerability in their eyes. "Your...Slayer? my knight in shining armour..?" suddenly both young and grown up Faith become one and the same and the world spins again, this time when he opens his eyes they are back in his apartment, holding hands and sitting facing each other. She smirks, opening her eyes.\<br\>\<br\>"Hey lover, guess that was one wild ride..I'm still on a high from it but..."
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith grins a little bit, his eyes that deep saphire blue that they only get when his hunger is fully at rest. "I mean I did promise you that it was one hell of a trip now didn't I?" He asks mildly amused. "See anything interesting in there?"
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane smirks, honestly considering that, "Well..I guess your life was almost as shitty as mine, you did unspeakable things and acknowledged the monster within without trying to pretend to be some big damn hero.."\<br\>\<br\>She peers down at his hands, giving them a little squeeze "Sooo maybe I trust you a little bit more, knowing that you weren't just some spoiled rich kid..Is that what you wanted to here?"\<br\>\<br\>With a shrug, Faith quickly lets go, climbing to her feet. "And what about you, you think you got me all figured out now, huh?" she's still got that arrogant, cocky tone in her voice as she regards him, even though she seems somewhat haunted by something she saw too..
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith shrugs slightly, standing. "Didn't learn much I didn't already know." He says with some measure of honesty. After all he already knew he could trust her with his life. It was him winning her trust that was the main thing. Of course the fact that they will be able to recall those moments with perfect clairity for the next few weeks doesn't bear much thinking about. "That said I don't know about you, but I am craving prezels and ice cream...
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane smirks, sitting on the edge of the kitchen table, tilting her head as she watches him, rubbing her eyes, "Geez, it's like that gets burned into your eyes like a freaking nightmare that wont go away..And now I got some kinda hangover headache. What the hell..How about we just go for the liquor?" of course she'd go for the booze.\<br\>\<br\>"Unless you're just some freaking pussy who only keeps junk like pretzels and ice cream around here, and only breaks out the booze for 'special occasions'." air quote, air quote.
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith smirks a little bit, "Faith, I live over a bar. I have booze on hand at all times... But I am also a White Courtier. And that means no matter what I eat I look like a Calvin Klien model. Which means your damn right I keep Ice cream and pretzels on hand at all times too." he says and actually sticks his tongue out at her. "Besides, I could just fix you a Dead Man's Float and then we have the best of both worlds."
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane smirks, "Yeah, well, I'm in the mood for gettin' dead drunk then maybe having some fun later if you're lucky.." she grins wickedly at him, "Buut Ice cream and pretzels thrown in for extra measure? Sure, what the hell not..." she does narrow her eyes warily at him though.\<br\>\<br\>"Sooo, aren't you the least bit surprised or apalled at my history? Don't you just think I'm a cold, heartless bitch or whatever?" she shrugs a shoulder, "It's pretty much what everyone else thinks, y'know, acting like they know me or somethin'"
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith shrugs a little bit, getting the Ice Cream out of the freezer, and pulling a bottle of brandy out of the cupboard. "Not particularly." He answers honestly. He takes out a 3-liter bottle of Root Beer and some large glasses. As far as drink recopies goes it's far from his most creative. Four oz. of Brandy, 8 oz of root beer, a scoop of ice cream on top. "I knew going in it wasn't going to be sunshine and rainbows. Big surprise, it wasn't sunshine and rainbows." He hands the glass to her, "Now if you were a normal girl I'd warn you this is what they call a stealth drink. The cold and the sweetness almost completely mask the booze, so it will knock you on your pert little ass before you realize it's starting... But since you are a big scary Slayer.." He smirks at her almost challengingly. "so what about you, peek into any of my own dark closets?"
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane peers at the ice cream, licking her lips. "Mm, you sure know how to spoil a girl rotten, I'll give you that..To be honest, I missed this shit.." she doesn't hesitate to grab the glass and take a sip, nor does she seem surprised, although she does laugh, shivering a bit. "Tastes great, like getting punched while standing naked in a cold shower. Love it.." she grins and winks playfully at him, swinging her legs against the table.\<br\>\<br\>"What, did you think I'd scream like a little girl and hide from you?" she snorts, shaking her head. "You're exactly what you said you would be, and more. I guess I was surprised at the hell your dad and sister put you through, like I said, I figured you for some spoiled brat rich kid pansy, but obviously I was wrong."\<br\>\<br\>Faith laughs, shaking her head as she takes another sip, "Guess we have a lot in common there, dont we..?"
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith smirks a bit touching the rim of his glass to the rim of hers, smirking slightly, "I guess we do at that." He sips his own dring before getting out an absolutely massibe barrel of Pretles and opening it, setting it beside her. "Try not to judge Lara too harshly. White Court are sort of thrown into the deep end. She was trying to make sure I'd either swim, or drown as painlessly as possible.
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane rolls her eyes, grabbing a pretzel, or ten, stuffing her face - hey, you can't be picky when you never know when or where your next meal is coming from, can you?\<br\>\<br\>"Heh, she's some hell of a sister, I mean, at least she was looking out for you in her own twisted way. I always wanted siblings, but I was always on my own, and it kinda sucked. At least you had..Some sort of a family..Did you have other siblings too?"
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith nods slightly, "Four older sisters, and one younger. Inari. She doesn't know what she is yet. And of course there is Harry." He sips his drink hopping up on the table beside her and snagging a few pretzels himself. "I would have had three older brothers as well but they all died under unusual circumstances before I was born."
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane whistles, "Wow, that's quite the brood. I'll bet you never got lonely." why, she almost sounds jealous. Almost. "But I guess the rest were all monsters too, like you huh." And then there's Harry. She blinks, "Wait, so how come Harry's not a Vampire? He's your half brother I take it? Heh, how the hell did that even happen? You two are like, polar opposites.." And then there are the older brothers and she frowns, "Unusual circumstances? That sounds suspicious."
- Thomas Raith has posed:\<br\>Thomas Raith chuckles. "All my siblings are half siblings. White Courtiers as a rule don't interbreed. It happens but it is so rare that it is virtually unheard of. Like getting hit by lightening right after hitting the Powerball. The fact my father has sired eight children in just under three hundred years, two in less then fifty is a testament to his power. Harry though is my half brother on my mother's side. She was a wizard like he is." He shrugs slightly adding, "As for my brother's on my father's side, let's see. Marias was beheaded by the French, despite not being even a Citizen of France at the time, let alone a member of the aristocracy. Bernard was serving in the RAF and his parachute failed to open. And Milton was visiting the San Francisco zoo, fell over the railing and was eaten by a polar bear."
- Faith Lehane has posed:\<br\>Faith Lehane peers at Thomas, "Wait, your dad is more than 300 years old? The hell? And how old does that make you then?" she wrinkles her nose. "Guess that's another thing you got in common with vamps, you're dead old but look damn good."\<br\>\<br\>She peers at him, "You really got some fucked up history dont you..And if your mom was a wizard, does that mean you got magic potential too?"