Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Date of Scene:||04 June 2023|
|Location:||Security Center - X-Men Base|
|Synopsis:||A few of the Xmen question the alien possessed kids for answers.|
|Cast of Characters:||Phoenix, Firestar, Boom-Boom, Wolverine
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>A few weeks have passed since the three mutants - Jane, Kate and Billy - were rescued from the mountains and then, after several instances of strange behaviour, things took a potentially dangerous turn when the three young mutants turned against the other Xmen in a training exercise. Since then, the three teens spent several days in the brig, although they were still treated rather civilly, given food and water on a regular basis, but other than that, they were treated with caution.\<br\>\<br\>Its a strange arrangement - three students who are known to many, popular among the students body, and yet their behaviour has been strange lately, too bold, too aggressive, too dangerous. Even now, they seem to sneer at any who chance to come to close, full of arrogance and sharp words for any who care to get too close.\<br\>\<br\>But there were many questions left unanswered. Why did they attack the others? Why is their behaviour so erratic? What's really going on? Jean had learned a few revelations after Angelica recently cleared her mind from whatever hold some unknown entities had over her, and had passed on some vital information to her fellow mutant, although she is not here today, likely because her mind always seems weakened by their presence.\<br\>\<br\>Now it's up to Angelica, Logan and Tabitha to find out more about what's really going on with these three. Currently they are napping on the large prison cell they share, but it's time for questions to be answered..
- Firestar has posed:\<br\> Angelica is holding a necklace with an odd piece of tech hanging from it. She walks into the room to see if they can get to the bottom of things. When she sees Tabitha, she hands her to necklace and mutters,"Wear this for now. Keep Logan between us as much as possible." \<br\>\<br\> She doesn't make much more to the statement for now and her power comes up some, radiation starting to throb around her just a little. The room gets warm almost instantly, but not super heated.
- Boom-Boom has posed:\<br\>"And they were such nice kids too!" Tabby half jokes about about the kids being locked up. She'd had to ask around the school about the three to hear they were actually liked till now. The blonde woman hanging back at the door with the other adults before they decide how to interrogate them. \<br\>\<br\>She'd had to replace some of the clothes she lost on that training mission but to be on the safe side, she'd rummaged around and found one of the training uniforms usually meant for students. At least it fit, barely considering as stretchy as it was it is a little on the small side. \<br\>\<br\>The tech that's passed to her gets a looking over. "So what am I putting on? Some kinda mind control blocker? Kinda wish I had those years ago? If it's just some heat shielding you know I'm good right?" she asks but still puts the thing on. \<br\>\<br\>"So gotta remember what the kids were like, what they liked and disliked. Hope some of it still sticks. Otherwise it's kinda shitty if we have to go bad cop on kids." having some knowledge to bring might help soften any more pointed questions.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan tries to figure out the best way to get this. There are many ways to get answers out of someone. He doesn't want to lean into violence just yet. However, Logan thinks fear won't move this group. Ocean blue eyes look toward the others. \<br\>\<br\> Talk comes forward about the necklace. A brow goes up as he feels like the three teens are three Hannibal Lecter's complete with teen angst and mutant power. A nod goes to the other two. "Whatever ya need," he speaks low, firm. \<br\>\<br\> Ocean blues creep back to the teenagers. "What do we know 'bout the kids -before- everythin' went sideways?" Logan asks just wanting to establish a baseline. He just doesn't put it in such elegant terms.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Well. They were sleeping a moment ago, but with all the chatter going on nearby, the6 wake up, one by one, and..Well there is still a lot of familiarity about them, even when they seem almost alien at times. Perhaps now it suits them to behave like scared kids.\<br\>\<br\>"Please.." Jane, the girl with the pale green curly hair pleads, reaching out to touch the electric bars of the cage and yelps as the electricity buzzes around her, jumping back. "Please let us out. we're just kids! We did nothing wrong!" her bright green eyes focus primarily on Logan who has been the object of her affection in the past. The older calmer red haired Kate watches on while quiet yet dangerous Billy narrows his eyes, peering at the three Xmen.\<br\>\<br\>"What is this, an inquisition? We're just kids.."\<br\>\<br\>There is a subtle buzz of energy poking at their minds, probably barely noticeable by those without mental abilities, although the device given to Tabitha might just react somehow in response, lighting up, who knows?
- Firestar has posed:\<br\> "My power interrupted their hold on Jean. Disrupting telepathy is a side effect of my power. I am not saying it is impossible, but thus far it keeps me safe." she replies softly, concentrating on the kids right now,"The trinket will protect you from my power to a large degree. Logan's power will protect him." \<br\>\<br\> The contraption doesn't do a lot, just protects. There isn't any obvious reactions. It's just keeping Tabitha safe from Angelica. For her part, Angelica levels her gaze on the kids and crosses her arms,"I don't know much about them honestly, other than they seem to be a part of messing with Jean's mind. Not sure it's just them, but they seem to be a part of it."
- Boom-Boom has posed:\<br\>"Hey, I get it, no body expects any inquisition." Tabitha reassures. "You guys weren't driving. My money was on mind control. Been there, it's not fun. Like being roofied by remote, and worse." she might admit to having had some bad experiences there. \<br\>\<br\>The protective thing glowing on her neck gets a shrug. "Well I'm guessing it's gonna keep my hair from falling out. If was just heat I'd be fine." she would like to avoid the whole radiation sickness. \<br\>\<br\>The nudging on her mind gets a blink and a shake of her head, she did have some training like a lot of the kids in defending against psychic defenses but not being a telepath it's like trying to fight a tank with a pillow. Tabitha's psionic abilities only go as far as controlling her plasmakinesis. \<br\>\<br\>"Till we can find out what's trying to get in people's heads, the cell is probably the safest place for you guys. I'll try and sneak some better food and stuff in. Make things more comfortable okay?" she keeps her voice warm and caring. "So we just kinda want to know a few things. Like you been hearing or feeling anything in those nuggets of yours. Kinda like when Jean or Emma do their telepath thing? Just more sucky feeling or whatever." the interrogation begins. \<br\>\<br\>Inquisitive she might be, but it's not an inquisition. "I mean I am a freak but that's for a few reasons. Narrowing it down for starters helps us find where to look." she points out, more diirected at Jane who called her the F word last time.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan's quiet, because there is an air of wrongness to this situation. Some of it is on the X-Men for imprisoning these children. Usually, they're the ones liberating imprisoned kids. Sadly, these ones can't be trusted. That adds another layer of wrong because they controlled a borderlin omega-level, in his mind, telepath. That speaks volumes and in ways Logan -never- expected. \<br\>\<br\> Seeing Tabitha take the lead, Logan will keep close to Tabitha. At th esame tim he's trying to keep Angelica behind him. Kind of acting as the body guard int he middle. \<br\>\<br\> "That's the thing 'bout all o' ya. Somethin' likes ya n' ain't good. That somethin' hurt a friend of mine -real- bad," and his fist clenches tightly. A small flash of anger rises through him. It's clear this one is bad cop to Tabitha's good cop. \<br\>\<br\> "Wanna tell me what ya remember out in the wilderness? That tells me this is where everythin' started," he's trying to get a connection from where it started to now. Knowing what the kids were like is important. Knowing -why- the kids were targeted is also important. Simply put, whatever is pulling at the kids' puppet strngs is his enemy. Logan's trying to learn about his enemy.
- Firestar has posed:\<br\> Angelica moves a little closer to Logan, but standing behind him as she catches on to what he's doing. She extends her power towards Tabitha more as well. The aura energy that dampens mental abilities against her stretches around them both and they will start to get a little sweaty now. Hope they wore their deoderant.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>It's a good thing the kids are behind an energy level dampener of some calibur, although the Xmen are dealing with some sort of alien psionic s, and from the feels of it! it's not one but many, a collective energy. But the combination of the power dampener, Firestar's powers - which hopefully nullify even powerful alien omega level telepathy - and the energy dampening field of the prison bars may just keep the Xmen safe for now - uncomfortable, perhaps even on edge but safe and in control.\<br\>\<br\>The questions get a snort from Billy, rolling his eyes and turning away. Jane just bats her eyes at Logan, shaking her head, "Mmm, why dontcha come a little closer and say that?" she challenges him, cocking her head, curling her finger up at him.\<br\>\<br\>It is Kate, the older, quiet one who suddenly gasps and staggers back, a look of fear in her eyes, "Please...Please help us! We can't...Fight them..Anymore.." she blinks then, jerking her head up in a strange way and screams in pain. When she turns to face them again, her eyes shine bright silvery white, in fact they all do.\<br\>\<br\>"Youre too late.." she smiles cooly, creepily, "Even if you kill us, you cannot stop what is to come..More have already been infected..We will complete our mission..!"
- Firestar has posed:\<br\> Right now Angelica is just standing with them, extending her power to protect them as much as she can. The come a little closer comment gets a snort and she bites back a snide remark, letting the others take the lead.
- Boom-Boom has posed:\<br\>The switch gets flipped on the kids and Tabby watches their expressions change. They go from worried to extra scared like going zero to ninety. It does get some more worrying looks to the other X-types from the blonde. \<br\>\<br\>When the influence pressing on the kids speaks up she does just shake her head. "So, who's we or us whoever the crap you guys are. Infection just sounds like something I can take some antibiotics for. And well, infestation if you were like meaning that. Well that means we can unfestate you're asses from these kids. And anyone else. Seriously, you started with us? That's like a two year old picking a fight with a grizzly bear. Like seriously, where the crap you idiots from? Invasions like never, ever work!" she gets some snark tone building in her voice as she maybe starts to let her mean girl mean girl.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan is not afraid. He is not scared. Nor is he impressed. Cold ocean blue eyes look at them. "Do you know how many times I've heard that speech before?" He looks at the children. "Heard from the Brood, heard it from this, heard it from that. Yers will just be another name on a list. A last that I'm sure has two more contenders waitin' to take their chance, too," that look becomes colder. \<br\>\<br\> "I've got enough blood on my hands to drown everyone in this room. If ya think I won't get my hands bloody again 'cause yer hurtin' kids. Got another thing comin'. 'Cause there's worse things than dyin'. I'll show ya when I find ya," his eyes narrow as he continues. "Got two choices. Leave the kids, run n' enjoy life. Or deal wit' the bear ya just poked," he leaning into some of Tabitha's points in his own special violent way. \<br\>\<br\> "Trust me. Better to run 'cause ya get to live to conquer somethin', somewhere else, n' talk 'bout it." In his mind, this is kindness. Because the X-Men wouldn't kill this group. However, it would leave one hell of a black eye. And some people want to quit fighting after one really bad beating. Logan wants to make sure the X-Men give that beating if this group is willing to press their lucky.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Jake is quiet, not talking, just eyeing the group with a calculating eye, a cold smile on his lips. He's just a teen, and at one time the sandy hair teen was skinny and not very intimidating. Lately he seems bulkier, tougher, more developed as his powers developed. He's clearly planning..Something..\<br\>\<br\>Jane just smirks, arching her back, licking her lips at Logan, "Awwwe, you wouldn't hurt a bunch of innocent kids, would you? You know that if you try to hurt *us* you will only end up killing them too, right? Could you really afford to have the blood of dozens, maybe hundreds of kids' lives on your hands?"\<br\>\<br\>Kate just sighs at Tabitha, "You have no idea what you are dealing with. Our civilization is far more advanced than yours. And you WILL co-operate, or you will be responsible for the lives of hundreds of innocents. Can you afford to gamble? If you listen to our terms and choose to accept then, the losses will be far less."
- Firestar has posed:\<br\>Usually the quiet and not terribly outspoken one, Angelica snorts again,"My name is Locutus of Borg. Resistance is futile." she growls deep from her throat. As guilty as she felt for cooking one the other night, she is really starting to get over that. She pauses and looks around, thinking out loud,"What's broad casting?" She doesn't leave side of her friends, but her brain shifting into over drive,"Box and Guardian are never around when I need them."
- Boom-Boom has posed:\<br\>"Ooh, you're gonna monologue at me! Nice. It's entertaining." Tabby grins and gets rolling. "Look you are not the first so called advanced civilisation to try and pull this crap. There's probably a metric crap load of others trying this infiltration crap." she state with a nod over at Logan and Angelica. The Brood are pretty gross after all. \<br\>\<br\>She leans to one side, hands on tilted hips as she continues to talk. "Most of the adults here have like lots of blood on our hands. What that usually means, when you threaten kids and people we like. That usually means we put the boots in extra hard as a result. Do you really want some savage primitive world like this one getting like super pissed at you? One that you can see is clearly good at figuring out like advanced tech. We have thumbs, we're tool using. We're inventive. And we hold grudges." \<br\>\<br\>The old old old Star Trek reference gets a giggle aimed at the friendly redhead on her side of the cell door. "These damn dirty apes ain't gonna put up with that crap. I mean seriously you're not doing that well already. You're negotiating with Boom-Boom! Like anyone listens to me! Dumbasses!"
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan looks back at Firestar for a moment. It's a look that reads confusion and a few other emotions, "That's a Battlestar Wars thing, right?" Then he looks back to the cage. "Puppet's got strings. The strings lead back tot he Maters. Yer obviously somewhere, just controllin' kids," he looks to the group. "We're so used to this thing ya got Firestar talkin' about golden robots n' baby yogurt," it's vyer obvious Logan may not be up to date on his pop culture references. But he gets the gist. \<br\>\<br\> Logan points to Tabitha, "N' we got long memories to boot," he adds. Tabitha hits the nail on the head. A nod goes to Tabitha as he actually gets that refrence. "Guys crossed a line when ya targetted the kids. Ya threw up on it when ya went after us n' Jean. We ain't gonna ferget that," he'll add, contributing his own two cents for a growing sentiment in the room.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>Billy arches a brow at Firestar, staring blankly at her. "Borg...? Who are they, more alien visitors..?" he frowns thoughtfully, shaking his head.\<br\>\<br\>Jane just stares in confusion at the mutants who make all sorts of terrible jokes, seemingly making light of a serious, life or death situation for reasons beyond her comprehension..\<br\>\<br\>Kate sighs and shakes her head, "Oh...so you think you know all about us, who we are, what we want. Big mistake. You're really that serious about sacrificing hundreds of helpless students because of your cockiness? It's a good think the kids are easier to manipulate than the others, even if the full fledged Xmen are far more powerful..At least initially. The children's powers are already rapidly evolving.."\<br\>\<br\>She sighs,shaking her head, "But it doesn't matter, when the time comes, when our ship comes to collect us..Either we leave here peacefully or by force..And when we do, you will either cooperate with us. Or watch your kids die. This is your last chance to listen and cut your losses. Will you hear us out or do we wage full on war?"
- Firestar has posed:\<br\>"I have an idea, but it's really more along the lines of something Mac Hudson, Forge, Beast, or the like would be able to do." Angelica mutters,"Something that could cancel a signal coming from above." She pauses and looks at one of the kids, cocking her head to the side,"A full body scan, PET and MRI might be in order too." She shakes her head,"Last time people listened to you, you tried to take us out. Not terribly high on talking really." She mutters something barely above a whisper,"Need to see what is happening at the top of the atmosphere, see if I actually see any indication of an extra terrestrial incursion."
- Boom-Boom has posed:\<br\>"We don't even know your names let alone your species! We're trying to get to know you! But like driving our kids like a stolen Ferrari isn't exactly endearing to us. But all we're seeing is the same old crap we've heard a heap a times before. It's nothing new, damn, if you can read minds. Read the kids. Even they gonna tell ya this is gonna go bad for you." \<br\>\<br\>Tabby points out with a tone that's pretty insistent. \<br\>\<br\>"I mean really." she pinches the bridge of her nose, lifting the red tinted glasses on her nose a little. \<br\>\<br\>"You go for the world leaders and stuff, you think if I said go ahead take our kids, the rest of teh world gonna listen. No, someone gonna be like nope, and likely let the kids die to kill you in the process. Someone gonna give that order. Not me, but ya know..." she states and points at the kids with an index finger. \<br\>\<br\>Which likely might mean the presence controlling the kids is barking up the wrong tree. "So like yeah, straight up no authority here. But I am able to give you like warnings and crap. Just let the kids go, you're like totally wasting your time, my time, and the kids time. At best."
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Thinking on it for a bit, "Why don't ya go into Hank's lab. Try workin' off of some of his notes. Between his research n' yer brains, ya can find somethin' to work wit," Logan says offering maybe a happy medium to this idea she has. Piggy back off of existing research, adapt t to fit her idea and give both people credit. \<br\>\<br\> Logan would keep arguing with the aliens. He would bring up the Brood, but he knows this is a battle of perspectives. They think they're superior for the technology. The X-Men think they have the upperhand due to experience and stubborness. No one is going to win that verbal joust. Also, Tabitha is saying a lot of what he's thinking. So, he kind of lets her take point. She'll touch on most of his thoughts. \<br\>\<br\> Going back to Angelica, "Maybe we could call up some of yer science friends if ya need more than one egghead?" he offers, thinking this is a situation that merits allies. It's just a simple thought that may have potential.
- Phoenix has posed:\<br\>"Xenu. We are the Xenu." offers Billy, staring quietly at Tabitha. "We do not come here with intentions of world dominance, or destruction or anything so lofty or impractical. We seek only to..." Jane glares at him, elbowing him roughly, "Enough! We can't trust them! They don't want to talk, instead they mock us, make terrible jokes, downplay our role. It's fine, our plan will go forward as intended..Without their help.\<br\>\<br\>Kate sighs, shaking her head, "They are like the others, they think they can get rid of us. That is their mistake.." she smiles darkly. "The end will be the same. This conversation is over. Good Luck.." and suddenly, the silver glow vanishes from the eyes of the three teens and they instantly collapse to the floor, unconscious.
- Firestar has posed:\<br\> "You took over the minds of our children." Angelica starts. Everyone in the room has always seen the shy and friendly side, but when it comes to protecting her friends she gets serious. Apparently she feels the same way about the kids, maybe momma bear worse by the growl in her tone,"You attacked us and the mind of our friend. Now you want to blame us for not wanting to talk?" \<br\>\<br\> The Borg joke earlier not so funny as the calm is replaced by the fire that burns inside her,"I will talk to Jean. If she'll let me, I'll get Spidey to come and help me come up with some options. I will contact Mac and Heather as well. Get us some ideas."
- Boom-Boom has posed:\<br\>"Oh wow, Scientology is true?" Tabby says and hmms and plants her chin in her finger tips' hold. "So like. Firestar, wanna grab some galvanic blood pressure type monitors. We gonna audit the crap outta these guys?" she suggests and really. She can't help herself sometimes. \<br\>\<br\>"Look you ain't supposedly malicious, but you threaten our kids and take away their self actualization and agency and stuff. That ain't cool. And right now you just ain't giving us much to take you seriously. Have you thought about piloting robots instead of meat? Not being all creepy and thinking consent is something to ignore. Just saying." she states to the posessors of the kids.
- Wolverine has posed:\<br\> Logan wants to ask a question the second he hears Billy go off on a few things. He holds off for a moment. For a split second Logan wonders if their presence is a diplomatic or even a peaceful one at the end of the day. It's not out of the question that this group aliens could have had the worst luck or the worst. All of it is not out of the question. However, he holds back the comment for now. \<br\>\<br\> Firestar says what everyone is thinking. Before he could even say it. And Tabitha even goes the Scientology route. Logan feels a strange sense of pride in this moment. \<br\>\<br\> "This a battle of perspectives. Ya want peace. Ya want talks. Stop possesing the kids. We'll talk. Find a new way, better way. Use robots, communication through devices. Anythin'," he says pointing out the simpler ways to talk.