Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to News Files, Atlas
- Official Name: Dominion of Canada
- Population: 41,759,596
- Capital City: Ottawa, Ontario (45°24'N 75°40'W)
- Places of Interest:
- Government: Constitutional Monarchy that is also a Parliamentary Democracy and a Federation
- Major Languages: English and French
- Monetary Unit: Canadian Dollar
- Major Resources: Iron ore, copper, gold, lead, diamonds, silver, coal, petroleum, natural gas, timber, fish, wildlife, hydropower, nuclear power, and chemicals.
- National Defence: The Canadian Armed Forces, including the Canadian Army, Royal Canadian Navy, Royal Canadian Air Force, and Canadian Coast Guard. Also served by the Canadian Coast Guard, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and intelligence agencies Communications Security Establishment (C.S.E.), Security Intelligence Review Committee (S.I.R.C.), and Canadian Security Intelligence Service (C.S.I.S.). Canada's national superhero team, Alpha Flight, and the Weapon X Project, serve under C.S.I.S. purview.
- International Relations: Canada is a member of the Arctic Council; Commonwealth of Nations; International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol); North American Free Trade Agreement (N.A.F.T.A.); North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (N.A.T.O.); United Nations (U.N.); United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organisation (U.N.E.S.C.O.); World Health Organisation (W.H.O.); and World Trade Organisation (W.T.O.). Canada has cooperated with the Avengers, Excalibur, Fantastic Four, Justice League, S.H.I.E.L.D., Wild Pack, X-Men, and observed the Pan-European Conference on Metahuman Affairs. The United States of America is a major economic and military ally. Canada has territorial claim disputes with Denmark. Wakanda caused an incident by gifting Anishinabe Island to the First Nations people. Latveria is on friendly terms with Canada.
- Domestic Metahumans: Wolverine, Green Arrow, Deadpool, Northstar, Booster Gold, Box, and Sasquatch
- History: The Dominion of Canada is a country in the northern half of North America. Its ten provinces and three territories extend from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean and northward into the Arctic Ocean. Canada's border with the United States of America is the world's longest land border. Canada is sparsely populated, the majority of its land territory being dominated by forest, tundra, prairies, and the Rocky Mountains. It was originally part of the British Empire, but in the mid 19th century, it became a semi-autonomous federal dominion. In 1982, Canada became an independent nation, but still retains King Charles as their head of state.